Special offer to WEASA alumni members: Study tour to Poland
Attention WEASA Alumni members from 2020 and 2021 – Apply for a special study tour to Poland December 6-11 to attend the Internet Governance Forum in Katowice and help us build our alumni activities!
We are delighted to announce a special study tour to Poland for 15 WEASA alumni members (from the 2020 & 2021 editions) to Katowice during the 16th Annual Internet Governance Forum (IGF) meeting which will be hosted by the Government of Poland on 6-11 December, under the theme: Internet United.
IGF acts under the supervision of the United Nations serving to bring people together from various stakeholder groups as equals, in discussions on public policy issues related to the internet, to facilitate open and inclusive multi-stakeholder discussions on internet governance related issues that inform and contribute towards decision making processes elsewhere.
The agenda of the IGF is inspiring and the interdisciplinary workshops are perfectly in line with the WEASA themes. The alumni will have the chance to choose workshops on their own based on their interests and specialization.
How WEASA alumni will benefit
- The forum is a unique opportunity to gain new knowledge and practices on rapidly transforming digital affairs and security matters. It is an excellent setting to meet high level guests and peers from all over the world and make connections.
- This meeting is a great chance for alumni to network and brainstorm about WEASA alumni activities as well.
- The main focus of the of the study tour will be to attend the forum and create networking among the worldwide presented participants. Apart from this, it is planned to have side meetings with digital affairs and cyber security related companies. The list of the participants is here.
- Apart from the Katowice IGF meeting, a day trip to Krakow will be arranged for a meeting in the office of New Eastern Europe to help alumni members to get acquainted with how the magazine deals with media literacy, fact-checking and content accuracy. Besides, a cultural tour is anticipated for the alumni members around Krakow.
The detailed schedule will be provided to the selected participants.
Eligibility to apply
Alumni members from WEASA 2020 and WEASA 2021 editions are eligible to apply for a simple reason: we did not have the chance to meet them in person because of the coronavirus pandemic. We would like to use this small opportunity provided by our partner Polish American Freedom Foundation and invite interested alumni members to apply.
- To apply you need to submit a one-page cover letter about 1) your motivation of why you want to take part in the IGF meeting and 2) your intention of how you see further strengthening of the WEASA alumni.
- The application should be submitted via the WEASA Communication platform to the WEASA Coordinator.
- After the selection you will be invited to register at the IGF forum to have full access to the meeting and other privileges (coffee breaks, lunches, city tickets).
- The WEASA team will cover your whole stay at Poland and reimburse 70% of the total amount of the travel cost.
- Selected participants will be required to purchase their own health insurance for the study tour.
- The WEASA team and the IGF team will provide an official invitation letter to submit for the visa or get permit from the workplace.
The deadline of the application is November 4, 23:59.
For questions, please, do not hesitate to contact us via the communication platform to the WEASA Coordinator.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications!
Regulations to participate in the Study tour to Poland
The WEASA team with the support from its partner The Leaders of Change Foundation / Polish American Freedom Foundation will cover the stay of the selected 15 alumni members which will include accommodation, meals and a local trip to Krakow.
Selected participants will be required to purchase and show proof of purchase of health insurance (including hospitalization) for the whole duration of the study tour.
Travel to Poland
70% of the travel costs to Poland will be reimbursed upon provision of a travel document (airplane ticket, bus ticket and/or train ticket) in an electronic or paper format. No scan or photo versions will be accepted by the financial department.
The reimbursement will be implemented via a bank transfer. The participants should provide accurate details of the bank account and the SWIFT code if providing bank details from outside Poland.
Procedure of obtaining and processing personal data