Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, WEASA 2021 will take place in an online/remote format. WEASA is addressed to participants coming from a cross-section of society and specifically from public administration, academia, think-tanks, media and civil society organizations.
Which countries must applicants be from?
We welcome applicants who are citizens and residents of the following countries:
- The Eastern Partnership countries – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine;
- The Western Balkan countries – Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia; or
Whom do we look for?
WEASA participants are typically people who meet the following criteria:
- They are mid-career professionals, typically with at least five years of professional experience, ideally in a field related to the topic of WEASA;
- They work as policy analysts, experts, advisers, civil servants, journalists, private sector specialists and in NGOs;
- They are interested in the European integration, state transformation processes, transatlantic cooperation, cybersecurity, journalism, and digital media.
WEASA lectures will all be designed with a non-technical audience in mind – you do not need to be a digital expert in order to apply!
What do we look for in your cover letters?
Cover letters are typically one to three pages in length. They should explain why you would like to apply for WEASA, and what you are hoping to learn during the program and what your expectations are for it. We would also love to know how participating in WEASA could contribute to your career development, your civic activities, and the like. Finally, if you have any ideas about how you would like to bring the lessons from WEASA back into your communities (for example, by organizing trainings for local civil society organizations or creating your own open data startup), we would love to hear about it as well.
Strong cover letters frequently contain at least a few of the things we outlined above. But do not feel too restricted by the format either – we are always on the lookout for original, innovative and creative letters that let us see the world in new and fascinating ways!
Rules of procedure / WEASA regulations
We urge all of our applicants to familiarize themselves with the rules of procedure before applying.