Applications for WEASA are now open and will close on March 11th at 23:59 CET. To apply, please log in here.
WEASA is addressed to participants coming from a cross-section of society and specifically from public administration, academia, think-tanks, media and civil society organizations.
Which countries must applicants be from?
We welcome applicants who are citizens and residents of the following countries:
- All the Eastern Partnership countries – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine
- All the Western Balkan countries – Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia (FYROM), Montenegro, and Serbia
Whom do we look for?
We typically look for people who meet the following three criteria:
- They are mid-career professionals, typically with at least five years of professional experience, ideally in a field related to the topic of WEASA
- They work as policy analysts, experts, advisers, civil servants, journalists, private sector specialists and in NGOs
- They are interested in the European integration process, state transformation processes, transatlantic cooperation, cybersecurity, journalism, and digital media
WEASA lectures will all be designed with a non-technical audience in mind – you don’t need to be a digital expert in order to sign up!
What do we look for in your cover letters?
Cover letters are typically one to three pages in length. They should explain why you would like to apply for WEASA, and what you are hoping to learn during the programme and what your expectations are for it. We would also love to know how participating in WEASA could contribute to your career development, your civic activities, and the like. Finally, if you have any ideas about how you would like to bring the lessons from WEASA back into your communities (for example, by organising trainings for local civil society organisations or creating your own open data startup), we would love to hear about it as well.
Strong cover letters frequently contain at least a few of the things we outlined above. But don’t feel too restricted by the format either – we are always on the lookout for original and creative letters that let us see the world in new and fascinating ways!
Please read the WEASA 2018 – rules of procedure prior to starting your application.